Appendix A - Reimbursable Expenses
- when not covered by per diem and lodging allowance
- Many travel agencies charge ticket processing fees in addition to the actual cost of travel arrangements. Processing fees will be reimbursed by the University.
- Many airlines, particularly low cost airlines, charge fees to check luggage, select an aisle/window seat, early check-in, etc. If the traveler deems these services necessary and has the budget to support the fees, these fees will be reimbursed by the University.
- Excess Baggage
- Employees will be reimbursed for excess baggage charges in the following circumstances:
- When traveling with heavy or bulk materials or equipment necessary for business
- When traveling for more than fourteen days.
Documentation must be included with the Travel Expense Report explaining the nature of the excess baggage charge.