The OIST Graduate University administers compensation policies and programs to reflect the value of job duties and responsibilities and to provide competitive and equitable pay. The University’s compensation policies are designed to accomplish the following goals:
- Allow the University to attract, retain, and motivate competent employees by establishing and maintaining a salary structure that is internationally competitive;
- Promote internal equity and consistency across diverse University functions;
- Establish salary ranges that are broad enough to provide flexibility for management at the same time as respecting budgetary restraints;
- Provide the foundation for a performance-based pay system; and
- Uphold transparency and accountability in administrating personnel costs to funding bodies and general public.